Information about Peppa Pig
2-4 year olds
Peppa Pig is an excitable four-year-old pig who lives with her little brother George and her
mummy and daddy. She loves jumping in muddy puddles and having lots of fun. This animated
series for pre-schoolers follows Peppa and George as they engage in various activities such as
going to the library, doing the recycling or visiting the dentist. The animations are bright and
engaging, and focus on family life. Peppa and George also have lots of friends such as Suzy
Sheep and Richard Rabbit, who all have their own personalities, and their own special ways of
- Peppa Pig – A loveable, bossy, four-year-old pig who loves jumping in muddy puddles. She also
loves visiting Granny and Grandpa Pig and looking after her little brother George.
- George Pig – Peppa’s 18-month-old little brother who loves playing with his sister and carrying
around his favourite thing – a toy dinosaur. He can’t speak yet but he can say one word –
- Mummy Pig – Peppa and George’s mummy, she is very wise and works at home on her
computer. She also loves jumping in muddy puddles.
- Daddy Pig – Peppa and George’s daddy, he’s very jolly, loves going for trips in the car, and
adores food, especially biscuits and pumpkin pie.
- Granny Pig – Peppa and George’s granny who makes an excellent chocolate cake.
- Grandpa Pig – Peppa and George’s grandpa who is very good at growing vegetables.
- Suzy Sheep - Peppa’s best friend who loves playing snap and pretending to be a nurse.
- Other characters include: Miss Rabbit, Madame Gazelle, Danny Dog, Rebecca Rabbit, Suzy
Sheep, Pedro Pony, Emily Elephant, Richard Rabbit, Zoe Zebra and Candy Cat.
Peppa Pig helps children to:
- Understand the importance of family bonding and the nature of extended family relationships.
- Realise that people are different with their own likes and dislikes.
- Learn about significant and everyday events of a pre-schooler’s life, such as starting pre-school,
going to birthday parties, going to the playground, visiting the library, keeping a pet, sibling rivalry.
Website benefits and summary
There are two Peppa Pig games on the website. Have fun jumping in muddy puddles with Peppa
and learn your letters at the same time. In the Painting Game, colour in Peppa or George, or print them off to colour in at home.
Peppa’s Painting Game
Colour in Peppa or George with his dinosaur. You can also print the pictures out in black and white to colour in offline at home. Drawing and colouring helps with children’s hand-eye co-ordination, as well as their fine motor skills. It can also contribute to their language development as they talk about what they are drawing and colouring in.
Have fun helping Peppa jump in muddy puddles. With help from a grown-up, choose the correct muddy puddle that corresponds to the missing letter of the word. This game is a fun way to introduce children to different letter sounds in simple words.