Information about Little Robots
3-5 year olds
Aimed at older pre-school children, Little Robots is an animated series about a group of robots
who find themselves abandoned on a metal scrap heap. Each 10-minute episode follows Tiny
and his friends as they transform all the nuts, bolts and junk they find around them into a place
they can call home. The robots all have different skills and personalities and between them have
created a magical environment – a metal dome, with a sun, a moon, trees and homes where
they play together and solve the many challenges each day throws at them. They are incredibly
creative and never throw anything away that can be made into something else. They may be tiny
robots, but this group of friends has very big ideas.
- Tiny – The unofficial leader of the group, he’s intelligent, creative, warm-hearted and a great
- Sporty – Voiced by comedian Lenny Henry, Sporty is fitness mad and is always trying to
motivate the other robots to get active.
- Stripy – A gentle giant, voiced by actor Martin Clunes, he is a thinker who loves his teddy.
- The Sparky Twins – A pair of sparky robots who are strong and mischievous and love dancing.
- Spotty – A big round robot who is rather clumsy and likes to stick to the rules. She also acts as
a demolition ball!
- Noisy – A music-loving robot , she’s always trying to get the other
robots into new melodies and songs.
Little Robots helps children to:
- Think about environmental issues such as recycling, landfill and sustainability.
- Be inspired to create their own recycled items, to repair and restore and to become more
- Understand the importance of working together in a team to solve a problem.
Website benefits and summary
Watch videos of Little Robots on the website, and print out colouring sheets of the characters.