Information about Humf
2-4 year olds
Aimed at younger pre-school children, Humf is a seven-minute animated show that follows a
small purple creature in his quest to learn more about the world. He’s very independent but does
listen to his mum and dad and his best friends Loon and Wallace who live in the same block of
flats. He thinks about what they all have to say, but in the end, he usually has to find out for
himself. Each episode focuses on Humf in a different scenario, for example going to a restaurant
with his Uncle Hairy, or making a new friend at the park.
- Humf is a furry thing! He is short, round, purple and furry. He’s three-years-old and very cuddly.
He’s thoughtful, self-reliant and really interested in the world around him.
- Wallace is a green hairy creature. He’s very energetic and always says hello more than once.
- Loon is a pink feathery thing. She likes going to the park and the supermarket.
- Humf’s mum is blue and furry, his dad is big and red and furry.
- Uncle Hairy is Humf’s uncle who has a girlfriend called Flora.
Humf helps children to:
- Learn more about the world around them – one episode looks at the issue of litter.
- Think about friendships and different family units.
- Feel confident asking questions and being inquisitive about things.
Website benefits and summary
Watch some videos of Humf and his friends, sing the song, do some jigsaws and print out colouring sheets.