Information about Get Squiggling
2-5 year olds
An interactive show for two to five-year-olds, Get Squiggling aims to get children drawing.
Squiglet the Monster lives in a plain white world, but luckily it doesn’t stay that way for long. Using
his Squiggle Sticks and Squiggle Pad, Squiglet draws a variety of characters to join him on his
adventures. When the viewers sing the magic words, the characters leap off the page and come
to life. Squiglet’s always drawing, creating colourful environments for his characters to enjoy,
whether it’s the South Pole for a penguin or a jungle for a tiger. He also helps solve any problem
they may encounter, by drawing a new object. Need to find some treasure? Here’s a spade!
Need to build a sandcastle? Here’s a bucket. In each 15-minute programme, Squiglet relies on
his young audience to draw along with him and to really immerse themselves in the fantasy
worlds he creates.
- Squiglet the Monster – The presenter of the show, a large woolly creature who loves drawing
and filling his plain white world with colour.
- Squiggle Sticks – A set of crayons that come to life to draw characters, environments, anything
Get Squiggling helps children to:
- Become interested in drawing and to recognise basic colours and shapes.
- Improve their own creative drawing skills.
- Develop their imagination and storytelling skills.
- Interact with a narrative.
- Develop their problem-solving skills.
Website benefits and summary
Watch videos of Get Squiggling and print out colouring sheets of the characters.